Sunday, January 31, 2010

Without Love

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

We are entering a new day. The failure of the days of our pride and arrogance are apparent everywhere. We have a failed Government and financial system.

We the church are also great failures. Our judgments of one another have been harsh. Yet God's love is greater than our sin.

Certainly we have been called to stand against this present Mammon system in both church and government.

To do so, we must speak the truth. But we must speak it in love. I do not say we should not judge the world or the church. We have a Biblical mandate to warn the sinner in his sin. I do say however each oracle of Jah we speak, not filled with love, is useless.


No comments: